Sunday 14 March 2010

The rest of my week

My week didn't get much better! shocker!!!
Had shitty side affects from my drugs all week. The best bit was mum coming round every day after work to do Jamie's bath and put him to bed for me, which gave that little bit of much needed help at the end of the day. It was also great to have someone to chat to at the end of my day.

Wednesday:
Jamie was ill on the Wednesday, he had a bad cough and a temperature. It was the start of a bad cold, he was really poorly for a day and then just snotty and a slight cough after that! Jamie is like Lee, what ever the illness it only lasts 24-48hrs they both have super immune systems. Then there's me, I get everything going and then it's 3 times as bad and lasts 3 times as long. Its not a tumour thing I've always been that way. See I am a lucky lady!!
Thursday:
Big seizure in the morning (at breakfast again). Did our usual Thurs things, visited auntie Louise for lunch etc etc Had another big seizure in the evening. That was basically it.
Friday:
An emotional day. Was fucked off that another week had gone by without any of my 'medical' people getting back to me! I had rang my consultants secretary Tues and wed. She said that she'd passed on the messages and that's all she could do. My support nurse still hadn't gotten back to me and it had been over a week since I had left her a message. So I rang my support nurse again, no answer (again) so left a shitty, slightly cryey and emotional message. I basically said 'I've had another week on these shitty drugs with all these shitty side affects, I rang you for advice and support....what support, no one has rung me back, no one gives a shit and I don't want to deal with yet another weekend of all this crap and then wait for someone to get back to me on Monday'.
The thing is with my support nurses is that, since my diagnosis they have rarely if ever answered the phone and I always have to speak to their answer machine. They rarely get back to me. I think there has only been one occasion that they've actually answered the phone when I've rang them. So it wasn't a case of 'well they are normally really good, so I sure they will get back to me' its a case of 'I'm not putting up with this bollocks, they are meant to be my support nurses' anyway, so that was about 10am.
Then about 11ish my consultant rang me (over a week after I first left her a message) She apologised and I thought 'I'm not making it easy for her, I'm not saying oh that's okay, when its not fucking okay' so I just said well its been really horrible for me and NO ONE has bothered to ring me back and then the conversation went from there.
She said to come off my drugs straight away. I was on the lowest dose anyway, so I could do that. That was common sense really, but I couldn't do that myself without my consultants say so, otherwise I would have done that the week before. Anyway, I should then let my body stabilise on my existing drugs and then they will add in another new drug in a weeks time (that will be drug #5). So I feel much better now that's in the pipe line and will be ready to go, in a weeks time.
My support nurse did finally get back to me in the afternoon, I gave her some shit (in a nice-ish way!!) said it doesn't matter now and thanked her for getting back to me! and that was that.
Lee came back Friday afternoon and I was so so so pleased to see him, I can't tell you. Jamie almost wet himself with excitement, he adores Lee and he said 'I miss my daddy so much' at least 10 times a day in the week Lee was away. Louise had Jamie for a sleep over that night. So that was a perfect end too a MEGA shitty shitty week.
Lee had a shitty week too with stresses at work and a 48hr mutant bug thing. Oh and to make the week even worse for us both Lee had no signal on his phone where he was staying, so we hardly spoke to each other all week.
But its all over now. I've been off my shitty drugs since Friday and I'm already feeling better. Lee has this coming week off, so hopefully it will be a good week for us all. Jamie is all 'my daddy, my daddy, my daddy.....mummy who?' already. I don't mind, I think its fab that they have a lot of fun and do 'boy things' together. My boys are close, which is fantastic as a lot of dads don't really bother with their kids until their older, if at all! which I think is so sad. Anyway its also good as when I'm not around they will already have a good bond and a have built a close relationship/friendship.
Anyway think I've gone on enough now. Ta Ta and a bit of skipping :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you gave them some shit cous, what an awful service, especially when you had been feeling so shitty and didn't need to just for the sake of a quick phonecall on their part !!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete