Thursday 18 March 2010

New drug 'Tropiramate' (drug#5)

Start a new drug tomorrow called 'Tropiramate' lets hope he is my mate!!!

Main side effects: weakness, tiredness, dizziness, pins and needles! loss of appetite and weight loss.
Report promptly: unsteadiness, slowing or shakiness, speech problems, mental/mood changes, stomach/abdominal pain
Unlikely but report promptly: itching, trouble or rapid breathing, fast/slow or irregular heart beat, loss of consciousness, fever.
Rare but very serious: Eye problems can occur suddenly. Vision change/blurred vision, eye pain or redness.
Other: Risk of kidney stones.

So far with all the previous drugs I've tried, I've gotten between 1-4 of the main/most common side effects.
Lets keep everything crossed that this one ' Topiramate' is my mate and I don't have any side effects.
I said to Lee the only side effect I won't get is weight loss!!!
Staying on good old 'Lamotrigine' (drug#3) as my base line drug. Till I know what this new drug is like.

Will keep you updated

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say for once you might want one of the side effects but see you already thought of that one !!! x

    ReplyDelete