Wednesday 3 March 2010

First week on the new drugs

New drugs are doing my head in (literally)
I am even more tired than normal, everything seems like such an effort and all I wanna do is sleep. I've had dull headaches on & off. Dizziness from mild to OMG I'm really pissed!! Feeling sicky, oh and yesterday I had double vision for most of the morning (quite scary)
All this feels like a cross between being really drunk and the morning after, when you have a REALLY BAD hangover and your still slightly pissed!
Yesterday I thought I'd put a bit of slap on to make myself feel a bit more human and I managed to poke my eye out with the mascara brush and ended up with mascara all under my eyes! (that look is so 'in' this season) :-)

My body seems to be adjusting to the drugs slowly! but I can't really tell. My consultant said to give it 2 weeks as it will be tough for the first couple of weeks. Tough could mean anything tho and I'm not sure if I'm meant to feel this bad! 1 week to go, but not sure if I want to do the next one. Am gonna ring my support nurse and see what she says.
The trouble is with epilepsy drugs is that you can't just start taking them, then stop taking them if they don't suit you. You have to build up slowly and wean off the slowly! Its shitty :-(
Another crap thing is that I'm having to lean on people even more for help, which isn't good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment