Saturday 17 October 2009

My Sister Louise

A true sister is a friend who listens with her heart.
-- Author Unknown

My sister is my best friend, we have an unspoken understanding of each other (we refer to ourselves as twinies!!) My sister has and does share all my ups and downs. A lot of the time I don't even have to tell her what's wrong or how I'm feeling.
Just being around Louise and feeling she totally understands me, always makes me feel happy and that I'm not alone with anything in my life. If I'm on a mega downer, just having a tea with Louise is the best medicine for me and she always seems to make everything a little bit brighter. (Louise would says 'yeah, but I don't really do anything') but she does, without even realising it!

We share lots of memory's good and bad and have been through a lot together. We tell each other everything and I completely trust Louise 100%. I also feel that Louise never judges me and that's why I feel comfortable in telling her anything.

I've always said to Louise back in the day from when we were littlies that 'I always thought we'd live around the corner from each other and see each other every day' So when Louise moved to Cov I was convinced that was never gonna happen and I was gutted. But during that time we became closer and even more so since having our children.
I am sooooooooooooo chuffed and happy that now we finally do live around the corner from each other and we do see each other every day.

We have such a good laugh and its usually about silly things that other people wouldn't 'get' or even find funny. The joke I will always remember from when we were little and Louise will guess this before I even type it, is: Why did the chicken cross the road? coz it was stapled to the punk!! it still tickles me and makes me smile. At the time we were in fits of giggles and everyone else was like 'I don't get it!!!' which made us laugh even more :-)

Another thing that makes me laugh about Louise is her sayings. Louise would tell me "oh that friend is crap, doesn't text me etc etc....I'm going to 'phase her out'" So when ever I chat to Louise about my friends, she always says 'phase her, phase her' or 'are you phasing?' and we both laugh.

We have also been known to speak our own language (well kinda) we often speak 'Thing'
It may sound something like this....... Louise: 'you know the thing in the thing?' Jane: 'yeah I know the thing in the thing, but what about the thing?' Or something similar. Its because we r so often on the same wave length and way of thinking, that sometimes its easier to replace words with 'thing'. Other people (mainly lee and ant) look at us as if to say 'what the F are you chatting about' and we just say 'don't you speak thing?'

I could tell you so much about our laughs, leaks, chats, giggles and all the stories. But there are just too many.
What I do wanna say about my sister Louise is that, she is beautiful, brave, caring, loving, kind, sensitive, shy, confident, funny, curly, honest and lots more wonderful things.

I am so glad to have my sister and even more so since my diagnosis. I don't know how I would of coped without Louise by my side. Like I said before, with Louise I never feel alone with anything I do and we always seem to have a laugh.
Don't get me wrong, there are other fantastic loving people in my life who I love deeply, but..... Louise is my fantastic loving sister.
The best present my mum ever gave me was my little sister Louise (Louise will say I stole that quote from her!)
If it was Louise that had a tumour, I would be totally crushed and devastated and I'm sure Louise feels the same. The thought of Louise not being here, gives me such a big emotional throat lump that I think I might choke!

Anyway no way :-)
I know its all a bit deep and soppy but it needed saying.

5 comments:

  1. I pushed them back in just dont wanna let the lid off. But thanks to say nice things i feel the same about you and maybe one day i will do a massive essay to you. All the love in the world xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all true and you don't need to write me a massive essay for me to know how you feel about me.....coz we're twinnies :-)
    love you lots xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to cry... love you both !!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you cous. I should do a post 'brothers are A holes' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was what I was going to suggest !! :)

    ReplyDelete