Wednesday 24 February 2010

New starts!!

Started new meds (oxcarbazine) and new diet (kcal's) today
Thought yeah 'positive new starts' and then I had a big seizure this morning. So yeah, great start!!!

When you've never really been aware of the calories, its a shocker when you look. Somethings I thought 'OMG how many? and I eat that all the time' and others I thought 'yeah that sounds about right'. Previously I didn't look at kcal especially on biscuits, choc, pizza and things like that, as it would of spoilt my enjoyment of eating it! But now it will make me think :-(
My tea is 11kcal! (no sugar, semi-skimmed) I was very surprised at that. And considering I drink between 10-15 cups a day, that's a lot of little extra Cal's I need to account for! But I can't give up my tea, drink less or have skimmed milk. So it looks like I will be living off tea and carrots :-)

I have been on a bit of a downer for a while (hence no blog posts) and I do normally get on my blog and have a good old rant, but I haven't even wanted to do that. I have just gone in on myself a bit and doing my hiding away thing again (not that anyone notices).
Anyway I'm not looking for the sympathy vote. Just saying.

Should know in a couple of weeks whether oxcarbazine suits me or not! I really hope this drug does it this time round, as this is drug no.4.
The tiredness on lamotrigine is doing my head in, so the sooner I get off it the happier I will be. The main side affects on oxcarbazine are headaches and tiredness!! but fingers crossed I won't suffer from ANY side affects.

Will keep updating on diet and meds as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment