Thursday 4 November 2010

Happy facts of the day.....what ever!!!!

*More people under 40 die of a brain tumour than from any other cancer
*25% of all cancers spread to the brain
*16,000 diagnosed with a brain tumour every year
*Only 12% males & 15% females survive beyond 5 years (compared to 50% of all cancers)
*Brain tumours are the biggest cancer killer of U.K children

...and don't quote me on this, but 'cancer research' only donate about 7% of monies raised to brain tumour research! work that one out!!!! (its something like that)

What the fuck is going on!? Brain tumour research is so under funded. At least we have 'Samantha Dickson brain tumour trust' and they do work quite closely with cancer research now. 'Samantha Dickson trust' use a high percentage of its monies raised to fund brain tumour research because they know how important it is. But why not have a little looky for yourself....

http://braintumourtrust.co.uk/
They do what they can to help support people with brain tumours, update you on research, have other peoples stories, well lots of stuff really.
http://www.braintumourresearch.org/index.php/lobbying-news-.html
Another useful site!

I'm just having a big fucked off day, because sometimes I feel like I've just been left to die! WAIT AND FUCKING SEE is my treatment plan. Have you ever heard of anything so fucking stupid. They are basically saying 'we will wait for you to get cancer, treat you and then hopefully see if it works and you won't die' yeah great I will go along with that.

I will be dead before all this brilliant research will help someone like me! WHAT ABOUT ME?
Everyone always say stuff like 'well modern medicine and all that, you don't know what could be around in 10 years' I know that I won't be, so shut the fuck up!

There is nothing out there to help me live my life as it is now! If you have a low grade tumour you might as well forget it, its not urgent enough!

I'm having a fucking fuckedy fuck day with a bar of dairy milk thrown in for good cheer!!! la la

No comments:

Post a Comment