Thursday 30 September 2010

Drug update.....

List of drugs tried & tested so far

1.Keppra
2.Carbamazapine
3.Lamotrigine
4.Oxcarbazine
5.Topiramate
6.Phenytion
7.Clobazam

I am currently on 3,6 & 7

7 seems to be having the best impact on my seizures out of the ones I've tried so far or should I say 'at the moment'!!

My consultants plan is to try and get me on less drugs, but first she has to try and stabilise my seizures before she can pull me off any of them. She said the more drugs your on the more fatigue and tiredness you will suffer and just generally feel more 'rough' and struggle.

Clobazam is the drug that she is aiming to gain some stability with. It totally whacks you out (extreme tiredness & fatigue) for about 2 weeks when you first start it or when you go up a dose.
So am struggling a bit on this one. Initially it helped seizures loads, but now seems to be getting less helpful (fucker)

I've gone up one dose already since starting Clobazam, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment